Custom Summary Letterhead

• Custom Summary Letterhead

Posted by Troy DeGroot on July 9, 2024 at 11:19 am

I had someone ask about using a custom letterhead for their summary reports. Easy right? The trouble is they have a different header on the cover page than all the following pages. They currently use JavaScript in Acrobat but want to change to Bluebeam. Any ideas?

David Cutler replied 1 month, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Isaac Harned

July 11, 2024 at 8:54 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt II UC2 Brainery Purple Belt II

What kind of header and footer, something with just standard text, or graphics?

I am trying to think of a way the normal automation scripts can handle this, but unfortunately the page referencing for the script arguments only allows a specific range (and if you don’t have that many sheets it will throw an error) or all pages. It also doesn’t have a “Clear Previous” Argument in the Script. The best solution maybe to have preset headers and footers, can save them now in the dialogue.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
      July 11, 2024 at 5:22 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt II UC2 Brainery Brown Belt II

The header and footer are just text, but you know how it goes with specific fonts in logos or company names. What do you mean by saving the headers and footers in the dialogue? Did I miss something?

• Isaac Harned

July 12, 2024 at 9:27 am

I don’t know if it’s exactly what you need, but you can save defaults in the Header and Footer preferences. If I was making the workflow for myself, I might make one that I apply to Page 1, and another that I would apply to the rest of the pages. Again though, if it has graphics, template might be the only way.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
          July 12, 2024 at 10:39 am
          Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt II UC2 Brainery Brown Belt II

Ok, I understand. I thought there was a new feature to break those apart in a Summary export. Your thought was to run a script after the export that would add two separate header/footing imports. Hmmm

• Isaac Harned

July 23, 2024 at 8:31 am

The script route would only work if they fixed the arguments for it so that it can reference specific pages. I think the defaults might be your only option, and it would be a two step manual process.

• David Cutler

July 23, 2024 at 1:23 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Advanced Brown Belt Rank

I know a couple of guys who would suggest that they export their markups as a CSV and then use Power Query to summarize the information and have the headers setup in Excel… 🙂

#revunitrouskit