Edit Custom Markup in Toolchest

• Edit Custom Markup in Toolchest

Posted by Jacques Roelofse on January 4, 2024 at 3:51 pm

Hello everyone…

I have made custom markups, added them to my toolchest, but realized the value in adding more information to them than what is in there now (such as make/model/size, etc).
    Is there a way to edit these without having to remake all of them? The only way I have figured out how to do it now is to add one of the markups to a drawing, edit it, and then “Add to Toolchest” again. But this will be very tedious, but also, in future, something might change and I would need to edit it again.

Is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks,
    Jacques

Isaac Harned replied 4 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    January 4, 2024 at 3:57 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Unfortunately placing each one and editing is the easiest way.

Once you place them all and edit them, I recommend saving that document as a worksheet. This way you have a place to edit them and add them to the ToolChest again. Saves a small step, but part of a big headache.

• Isaac Harned

January 4, 2024 at 5:40 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I

Hmm I can add custom column info on my side without placing the markup and it seems to save. Maybe I am understanding wrong? You may have to add the custom columns to your profile before you can see them on your custom tools

• Doug McLean

January 4, 2024 at 8:00 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

You can just add custom columns w/o editing the markup but if you want pre-populated columns you’ll have to re-save them

• Isaac Harned

January 5, 2024 at 8:38 am

I feel like I’m going crazy, does this stuff not save to the toolset on y’alls side?

plz read video description

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
      January 5, 2024 at 2:56 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Ok, so everyone is correct here, and nobody is going crazy! 🤣

If you select the tool in the toolset and update the properties BEFORE YOU PLACE the markup, the change will apply to the tool in the toolset. If you make the change AFTER you place the markup, it will not change the toolset and you will have to replace the tool in the toolset.

How you go about updating the toolset depends on how many changes and what works faster. If it’s just some data in one field, it makes sense to update before placing the markup. However, if you are updating the color or data on 10 different markups, then I place them all on a sheet, select them all, make the change, and add it back into the toolset right away.

Hope this helps us all sleep again!

• Isaac Harned

January 5, 2024 at 5:13 pm

Thank goodness 🤣🤣🤣