Supersede & Replace Revised Stacked Documents within a Set

• Supersede & Replace Revised Stacked Documents within a Set

Posted by Corbin Steinmuller on September 16, 2024 at 11:17 pm

I have 2 Multipage documents that are stacked within my set.
    I have received the updated versions of these documents but am having trouble replacing them within my set.

Does anyone have recommend workflows on managing stacked multipage documents?

Cheers

Troy DeGroot replied 2 days, 12 hours ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    September 17, 2024 at 12:18 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt II UC2 Brainery Brown Belt II

I only use single-page documents in a Set (or Binder as I prefer to call it). I teach to extract pages from multi-page pdf’s and then create the Binder. If they are multi-page, I don’t know how BB would tag the pages and organize them as Binders are intended.

• Corbin Steinmuller

September 17, 2024 at 11:28 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery White Belt UC2 Brainery White Belt Rank

This document is a specification document that does not have individual page numbers to separate and identify by.

Do you have another recommended workflow for managing updates to document such as this?

I’d like to be able to link the finishes/fixtures/Joinery item numbers noted a on a plan back to the relevant specification item in the document but maybe i don’t need to include it in my set (binder) for this to still work but i just wanted a single source of document for my team.

this may need me to explore dashboards unless you have an alternative workflow.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
        September 18, 2024 at 10:00 am
        Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt II UC2 Brainery Brown Belt II

Specifications are a different animal for sure. A digital dashboard might be a good option. If you still want to use the “Binder” method, you could maybe use the Batch Header/Footer tool to add a page number, then build the set using that as a page tag. You could also create a Place for the cover page of those specific sections, then in the drawings link to that Place. This way the hyperlink would go directly to the section.

There are a few options to play with, we can keep brainstorming, but keep us posted on the direction you go. I’d love to learn from you as well!