What was your Dumb Question as a Bluebeam beginner?

• What was your Dumb Question as a Bluebeam beginner?

Posted by Troy DeGroot on August 2, 2024 at 2:41 pm

We all had questions when we started we were scared to ask because we thought it was dumb. I’d love everyone to post the question and answer in this post. Let’s catapult the next users with our lessons learned. Let’s prove this is a safe community to ask ANY question!

I’ll go first. Having used CAD programs for over 20 years (now almost 30), I was looking for a Mirror tool and never found it. I figured it didn’t exist because Revu is technically not a drafting tool. It wasn’t until I realized Revu called it Flip Horizontal or Flip Vertical.

Select any markup(s), Right-Click > Alignment > Flip Horizontal or Vertical

Keyboard shortcuts are Ctrl+Alt+H or Ctrl+Alt+V

It took me a long time to find and use this one.

Troy DeGroot replied 2 months, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Vince

August 3, 2024 at 2:10 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt III UC2 Brainery Blue Belt III

Well, mine has obviously got to be “How do we get rid of these thick lines as they are making it impossible to accurately complete markups?”

Then @troy-degroot showed me how to use Line Weights! 🤣

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
      August 3, 2024 at 1:14 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

I remember what an eye-opener that was for you in class! 🤣

For those who don’t know. Disable Line Weights is on the right side of the Navigation bar across the bottom of your interface. The Dimmer button beside it also helps make your markups stand out by dimming the PDF content.

• Doug McLean

August 6, 2024 at 1:28 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Blue Belt IIII

I’m thinking it was just getting everything set up properly.
    Like, how to set the defaults

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
      August 6, 2024 at 2:11 pm

It took me a while before I realized I could create a default Legend. I don’t know how many times I went through adjusting what it looked like and what columns were visible.

• David Cutler

August 9, 2024 at 11:03 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Advanced Brown Belt Rank

@troy-degroot I don’t know how many times I’ve said “wait! how’d you do that?” during training/presentations.

One occasion that sticks out in my memory was when @Vince was showing a few of us his part of one of his workflows on a Zoom and he used the “Lasso” tool to select a group of markups while avoiding adjacent markups. While I don’t use it all the time, when I need it the Lasso tool is huge! Thank you again Vince for enlightening me on that one! 🙂

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
      August 9, 2024 at 1:40 pm

I admit, I don’t use the Lasso tool, but maybe I should. For anyone interested, it’s under the Edit menu or Shift+O

For the sake of learning, I select markups by holding down my right mouse button and drawing a selection window.

Left to Right will select everything inside the window.

Right to Left will select everything the window touches.

Lasso allows you to freehand draw a selection shape which can be a lot more flexible with what you’re selecting as you weave around objects.

Good one @DavidCutler