Revu for Site Survey. Any suggestions?

Tagged: , ,

• Revu for Site Survey. Any suggestions?

Posted by Katie Hoffman on January 28, 2022 at 11:05 am

I work at an Architecture firm where some of our incoming projects are hospitality renovations. I’d like to explore using Bluebeam Revu on an Ipad for surveying rather than pen and paper. (Both when we may have some as-built drawings to start with and when we do not.) Does anyone have any experience with this and suggestions?

I also noticed the Revu Ipad app has 1.7 stars and complaints on crashing. Do you think it wouldn’t be worth while due to bugs with the app? Anyone experience this?

Troy DeGroot replied 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    January 28, 2022 at 11:32 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Great question @KatieV and thanks for joining the group. The iPad does get terrible reviews and I think part of that is users expect the power and functionality of the desktop version (in some cases). The iPad app is $10 for a reason, it can get the job done but I always recommend a full version on a Surface Pro or similar.

iPad app crashing is usually caused by working in a Cloud Studio Session and loosing connectivity on the jobsite. I recommend downloading drawings to the device and working off line while walking the site. For you workcase, I don’t think this would be any problem at all as your probably not trying to communicate markups to your office team in realtime.

Whatever your workflow in the office or field, there are usually customizations that can easily be applied to make things faster, more accurate and standardized throughout your team.

I’m happy to answer any questions you have and I hope others join in with their experience as well. Again, welcome to the Bluebeam Brainery!