Bluebeam Cloud changes

• Bluebeam Cloud changes

Posted by Travis Shupe on August 8, 2024 at 11:12 am

Hi all, does anyone have any info on what is happening with the Bluebeam Cloud ‘Punch’ services?? I logged into Bluebeam Cloud projects yesterday and was greeting with a message that the Drawings, Punch, RFI, Submittals, and map features will no longer be available starting August 27th. This message mentions there are new features coming…. but no details on the Punch tool specifically or a timeframe for when it will be available.

We’ve adopted this tool into our practice within the past 2 years, and am concerned we will be left high and dry until something new comes along. Any insider info that can be shared would be GREATLY appreciated!

Travis Shupe replied 2 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • David Cutler

August 9, 2024 at 8:49 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Advanced Brown Belt Rank

I think I remember hearing something about this on ATG’s Morning Coffee Revu earlier this week, but honestly didn’t listen carefully as we don’t use these features.

If you have a reseller that you work with they might be able to provide better information.

Good luck and keep us posted!

• David Cutler

August 9, 2024 at 10:54 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Another thought @tshupe would be to reach out to Bluebeam through as many channels as you can identify (your reseller, LinkedIn post, etc.) and ask them to extend the deadline 60 to 90 days to allow folks like yourself to reconfigure your workflows rather than leaving you dead in the water. @troy-degroot may even be able to provide some regional/national contacts that you could reach out to directly.

• Travis Shupe

August 12, 2024 at 9:22 am

Thanks @DavidCutler – I’ll keep the group posted if I learn anything more!

• Doug McLean

August 10, 2024 at 12:33 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Blue Belt IIII

I believe it has something to do with Studio Projects moving to the Cloud.

One of the things everyone has wanted (besides measurements) is two way document syncing. Moving Studio projects to a cloud environment is supposed to be how they’re going to accomplish this

• Travis Shupe

August 12, 2024 at 9:23 am

Thanks @Doug McLean – certainly seems like a good move… it would just be nice if they had plans in place for maintaining the current tools and products.