I wonder if I’m the only one who didn’t realize this order thing.

• I wonder if I’m the only one who didn’t realize this order thing.

Posted by Don Walke on February 26, 2024 at 8:45 am

Well, I was trying to grab a markup on the screen and had to bring it forward with the “order” function. I saw something flicker over on the other screen on the markup list. The markup I was manipulating with the order function moved up in the list. I had thought that it only manipulated the ability select a markup on screen only. Now I can reorder the markups in the markup list as a secondary sort function. I know the export utility is way more versatile, but you sure can straighten up your markup list.

Don Walke replied 1 month, 4 weeks ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Isaac Harned

February 26, 2024 at 10:44 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I

Hmm, this only seems to happen for me if I am sorted by Date. If I sort by Subject or Page Label, it doesn’t seem to move in order. Nevertheless, this is a cool idea if a secondary sorting is needed, will have to play with it more, thank you!

• Vince French

February 27, 2024 at 12:36 am

I know if you use the Date column this is updated every time you adjust a markup. So if you filter by this then your adjustments will be the item that you’re working on to the top of the list. Are you saying you are managing to change the order in a different way to this as well?

• Doug McLean

February 27, 2024 at 2:21 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

Is this within a Group?

• Don Walke

February 29, 2024 at 7:56 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Orange Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Orange Belt IIII

I use Spaces to to sort the markup list and noticed that when I used the order function, the markup up or down in the markup list within the sorted space group. I don’t know if this has any usefulness other than just tidying things up a bit.