Multiple hyperlinks in a markup

• Multiple hyperlinks in a markup

Posted by Troy DeGroot on May 24, 2021 at 7:11 pm

I’m building some tools for a customer where I have a list of design requirements. In several lines, there are hyperlinks to the city website reference materials. I was building a tool with lines and text and grouping them, but I’m not able to add hyperlinks to the group. I can add an action to the entire group, but only one. I might have to break up my group. Any ideas or tricks?

Troy DeGroot replied 2 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • David Cutler

May 25, 2021 at 9:38 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

I haven’t tried hyperlinks yet, but might this work?

Create a group of a single line and text – lets say an orange line with the text “orange line”

Attach a hyperlink to the Orange Line group

Repeat above for yellow, purple, green etc.

Then create a new group with all of the individual groups. This “master group” might need to be ungrouped once it’s applied in order to enable the individual hyperlinks to be followed.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
      May 27, 2021 at 7:41 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

I tried some of that as well, but once you group them it takes on only one overall hyperlink. At the end of the day, I learned when you’re in a Studio Session, tools with Hyperlinks are no longer available to use. Revu places this hatch pattern over the toolset if they contain hyperlinks. In fact, the entire Hyperlink Panel goes dark when in a Session. So that eliminates the functionality for this customer who’s only working in Sessions. Always learning!

• Doug McLean

June 29, 2021 at 2:01 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

Could you not link to a document, that has a list of hyperlinks on it? Not the best, but could be a workaround.
    Have you tried flattening the hyperlink? I know that works with hyperlinks in that other PDF reader, maybe it’ll work in a Session.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
      July 6, 2021 at 11:10 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Working exclusively in Studio Sessions makes the tools worthless. similar to what you’re saying, I’m thinking of creating a template and possibly running a script to insert it at the beginning of the drawings before they are uploaded. Work in progress. Thanks @doug-mclean