Reformatting Markup Properties

• Reformatting Markup Properties

Posted by ekbrayley on March 9, 2021 at 6:08 pm

When you realize you’ve made multiple markups with incorrect properties (most notably when you accidently use the tool from the wrong tool chest), it can be a massive pain to spend time recreating those markups. However, there is a simple way to avoid wasting that time.

Simply take one of those markups and adjust the properties to what they should be, or place a copy of the tool from the correct tool chest.

Then, with the adjusted markup selected, open the Edit menu and select the Format Painter tool. Then, select the markups that need to be updated.

ekbrayley replied 3 years, 1 month ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    March 10, 2021 at 3:41 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

I run into this all the time. This is good, thanks for sharing!
    And welcome to the group!

• Doug McLean

March 10, 2021 at 8:03 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

Cool. I’m going to remember that

• David Cutler

March 11, 2021 at 7:24 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Format painter is a great tool!  I use it in Word, Excel and even Outlook.  To make this even easier you can add the format painter button to your toolbars to save a couple of clicks when you need it.

If you need to change the description on a number of markups – say to change from asphalt to concrete – you can select multiple items in the markup list and then open up the properties menu and make the change once there.

• Liz Larsen

March 13, 2021 at 5:33 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Orange Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Orange Belt IIII

I second the Format Painter tool! I only just found out about it fairly recently and I can’t believe I lived so long without it.

Select the markup you want to copy the properties from and hit CTRL+SHIFT+C.  Then when you approach another markup, you’ll see the cursor change to look like a little paintbrush. You can either click individual markups (the tool will stay active, so you don’t have to CTRL+SHIFT+C the original markup every single time) or you can click and drag around a group of markups.