New Topics in Civil Design?

• New Topics in Civil Design?

Posted by David Cutler on July 31, 2023 at 7:32 pm

All right all you Civil Design folks out there – what kind of struggles are you having with Revu? Learned any new tricks that you could share with the group? I’m sure not everyone is on vacation… 😎

Rebecca Yu replied 3 months, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Vince French

August 1, 2023 at 12:31 am

I’m thinking of new ways of measuring things all of the time Dave but finding time to set them up is proving a problem.

My foundations setup is structural instead of civil but is proving a massive time saver.

I’m now concentrating on my workflow for measuring Brickwork and Scaffolding before I start in any new projects!

• David Cutler

August 2, 2023 at 1:32 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Looking forward to seeing what you put together @vince.

• Rebecca Yu

October 12, 2023 at 3:29 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery White Belt UC2 Brainery White Belt Rank

Anyone have a way to not transfer all the viewport data from CAD into Untitled Viewports? Love having to delete them each time.

• Marv Evans

October 31, 2023 at 8:22 am

OOPS! Thank you.

Not directly civil but it is design and may have civil applications. The attached example is actually a cable ladder tray (could be in a vault or data room as shown here). I’m look for a tool that could have application in may trades, including civil. My question is….. what is best way to put the “ladder” object on a drawing without an impossibly meticulous effort? Thanks for any suggestions! Anyone have one of these objects in their toolbox?

• Vince French

October 31, 2023 at 1:36 pm

Attachment?

• Rebecca Yu

January 16, 2024 at 11:39 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery White Belt UC2 Brainery White Belt Rank

Marv, it shouldn’t be too difficult to draw the ladder using the line and rectangle tools, group it and then add to a custom toolset. If that does become too much effort, you can always use the snapshot tool to take what you want from a clean version of the linework or the legend.