Reply To: Custom Columns

  • Troy DeGroot

    Organizer
    March 24, 2023 at 6:14 pm
    Points: 30,262
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt II UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt II

    I’ll add my 2-cents to the conversation, which matches what several others are saying. Custom columns live in the document. You definitely want to save them to the profile, but that only applies the columns to newly opened PDFs. Anything previously opened in a different profile will have those custom columns. As you can imagine, as more of your users open with the correct profile every time, the problem will fix itself. With that said, creating a quick javascript button is so easy even I did it. The hardest part is designing the image for the button.

    As for making suggestions to Bluebeam, they are definitely focused on improving the Cloud workflow tools which are not estimators top of mind. Back in the day, I had several suggestions implemented, but that was when things were much smaller and I had a reseller badge for influence. 🤣