Reply To: Material Choice Custom Column

  • Don Walke

    Member
    March 24, 2023 at 10:05 pm
    Points: 6,440
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I

    Bob, I use an area measurement in painting take-offs to quantify the ceiling area, the wall area (using “length” function of an area markup multiplied by the “depth”), the lf of baseboard and lf of crown. You have to get a little creative with formulas and additional columns to isolate your totals of specific items. though. I wish that Revu had an “if” function, but there are work-arounds. It seems that a polyline is a polyline no matter what you call it in a toolbox be it a lenth of pipe or lf of crown moulding. My workaround if I want to total a particular line item is to create a choice column with Yes = 1 and no = 0. The column that will total a particular tool will be a formula column that multiplies the length by the result of the choice column (1or 0) so that only tools with a pre-selected “Y” will populate the column. This allows me to sort a plan by space and get totals for each selected tool for each space (in my case room numbers)