Reply To: Pushing yourself

  • Doug McLean

    Member
    May 25, 2023 at 6:22 pm
    Points: 19,166
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Advanced Blue Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Advanced Blue Belt IIII

    Its challenging for sure. It also makes you think of a different way to do things.

    One of the problems with going too far outside of the box though, is that others here are nowhere close to my level, so you have to also keep it in a way that others will understand.

    If we do happen to win this project, knowing how to sort the Markup Summary will be crucial to the success.

    Unfortunately with this project, I had to do my takeoffs on multiple layers of plans. There were mouldings on the ceilings that had to come off the RCP’s. There was sloped wainscoting on the stairs, along with sloped handrail. Window casing had to come off elevations, where the Crown and the picture rail came off plan view. I made sure that I used Spaces to name everything the same, so that when you have to sort the data later, its really easy to see what all is in what room. Otherwise, it would be a mess.