Reply To: Finish Carpentry Estimation

  • Doug McLean

    Member
    March 2, 2026 at 2:14 pm
    Points: 19,166
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Advanced Blue Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Advanced Blue Belt IIII

    I feel you.

    Two things I HATE doing. Window Sills and Baseboard. Both very time consuming. Might be something to try when the AI gets better.

    When I do these on large scale projects I tend to only do one of each unit type.
    Then with two custom columns, Floor Multiplier and Quantity, that will get me close enough for all that I need to take off.

    I will also do any odd or custom rooms on their own.

    You can also copy/ paste like rooms. And mirror them. Not perfect, but it helps. Any minor adjustments can be made along the way.

    I agree with Troy on this, don’t worry about your door openings. Let that be your waste. You’re going to order your base in 16 – 20′ lengths anyways, you’ll be covered.

    Anyways, hope this was helpful.