Reply To: Exporting Data to other programs

  • David Cutler

    Member
    March 12, 2021 at 9:35 pm
    Points: 34,546
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt IIII

    I’m not familiar with “Power Query” Doug.  Is that an Excel function or another program?  I did investigate Pivot Tables a bit but didn’t get too far with it.  At this point I’m using the “Subtotal” option in the “Outline” tools in Excel.  It’s not perfect as I need to add some formulas in every time to get my item numbers, descriptions and units of measure where I need them, but it keeps me from having to re-key everything.

    I’m not positive but I think my manager still writes everything down on a yellow pad, adds it up with a calculator and then keys the quantities into B2W so I’m light years ahead of him.  Need to make some time to show him some of the new tricks…