Reply To: Preparing drawings for takeoff – existing markups

  • Andrew Veggian

    Member
    March 16, 2021 at 4:45 am
    Points: 2,608
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Orange Belt UC2 Brainery Orange Belt Rank

    If you do start your takeoffs and realize later that you forgot to flatten first, then turn on the “Author” column in the markups list. Sort by Author, select all markups that are not yours, then flatten them.

    Here’s my list of steps that I always go through to prep my drawings before takeoffs.

    1. Delete all viewports (if prompted when I open the file for the first time)
    2. Flatten (usually without recovery)
    3. Create page labels (using Automark – sheet number only)
    4. Create bookmarks (using Automark – sheet number and title)
    5. OCR
    6. Batch link (using the page labels I already created, and overwriting all existing hyperlinks)
    7. Set scales
    8. Create spaces (if needed to separate takeoffs)