Can you add a stretch mark to the area tool?

• Can you add a stretch mark to the area tool?

Posted by mike keisker on October 21, 2022 at 3:08 pm

I need to enlarge or reduce an area while keeping the corners Square. Is there a way with Bluebeam to keep corners square if you have to adjust the size?

If I move a corner
    control point, the outer upper and the lower line snap to Square.

A rectangle tool snaps to a Square and has a center side stretch
    to allow you to expand and contract, but this tool does not give area
    or linear.

As a ceiling contractor, I need to stretch to increments of ceiling tile size. For example, If a room is 10’ wide with 2’ x 4’ tile, I need to stretch the space equal to 12.’

Thanks

Mike

Matt Hackman replied 1 year, 6 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    October 21, 2022 at 5:54 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

I do miss that middle grip from AutoCAD. Unfortunately, I don’t think we have that option. Great suggestion to developers. Thanks for being in the group @mikeceilingsystems-com

• David Cutler

October 24, 2022 at 7:53 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Interesting question @mikeceilingsystems-com

Have you considered creating a grid of standard tiles and then overlaying them onto your plan? Depending upon how you set it up you might be able to apply a “standard” set of panels – say for a 24 ft x 24 ft space and then “trim” the panels that you don’t need out with a couple of clicks.

We discussed something similar for saw cutting with @matt-hackman earlier this year that might be worth a read:

https://uchapter2.com/brainery/estimating/forum/topic/linear-footage-of-saw-cutting/

Dave

• Matt Hackman

October 25, 2022 at 9:04 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Yellow Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Yellow Belt IIII

This is a great (likely better) application for what was mentioned in my thread.

• Vince French

October 25, 2022 at 12:50 am

@mikeceilingsystems-com are you trying to just work out the ’rounded up’ overall area or the actual number of whole tiles?

If you are just wanting to look at the overall area then I think you may be able to use the properties to adjust the document (shape) width and height.

You’ll have to work out the dimensions with them being adjust for the scale of the drawing but this doesn’t appear to be too much of a problem in metric so I guess it will be the same as imperial.

If you are looking at the number of tiles then, I think the discussion that @David Cutler mentioned might help. I’m thinking that there may even be a way to automatically count the number of whole tiles without adjusting the original shape using the Spaces method.