Change Order Workflow

• Change Order Workflow

Posted by Doug McLean on November 7, 2022 at 1:56 pm

Does anyone have a specific workflow designed to handle Change Orders? Its something we all deal with, isn’t it?

I recently came up with one that utilizes some custom Cloud+ tools, a few custom columns, some custom statuses, and of course, the nitrous kit.

First I made three different coloured Cloud+ tools, one for New Items, one for Revised Items, and one for Deleted Items. Then we apply a custom status to them, Pending, Pending Accepted, Accepted, Rejected. (Mostly the Estimating team will leave it as Pending though)

The other custom columns give us the name of the Change Order request, and our own internal CO #.

So far, the response has been pretty positive, having the coloured markup on the drawings with a descriptive text box can only be a positive for everyone. Tying that all back to the appropriate CO request is also a bonus.

We’ll see where it all goes from here. We’re working on a way to push the data from our Estimating Workbook to Access, which will make the process even easier.

I’d be very curious to see or hear about how other’s deal with Change Orders.

Troy DeGroot replied 1 year, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    November 7, 2022 at 4:34 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

This is great Doug, the only thing I might add is once you have the markup placed, right-click > Edit Action and link the actual change order document. Makes for a more visual file cabinet.