Estimate cover sheets

• Estimate cover sheets

Posted by David Cutler on June 1, 2021 at 5:36 am

I have a pretty robust set of custom markup tools that I use preparing my estimates. I export markups to Excel, clean up the data a bit, and then upload it to our estimating software, B2W. To save manually adding pay items in B2W I’ve established a set of 15 “General Conditions” markups that I typically apply to the first sheet in my takeoff package. This takes 15 sets of “clicks” to apply.

Had a thought to create a standard cover sheet for all my estimates that would include these 15 standard items on it and simply insert this page into my takeoff set. Might even create it as a new page template. This could cut my set of 15 clicks down to 4 to 5. It doesn’t sound like much, but a few minutes saved here and there adds up over time.

Does anyone do this already? Is there an easier way to get these type of standard items into your takeoff?

Andrew Veggian replied 2 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    June 3, 2021 at 7:10 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

If I understand this correctly you want to add the markups to a cover sheet in Bluebeam so it exports every time? This is a great idea, just add it to the template file so those items are automatically part of every estimate. Small hinges swing big doors!

• Andrew Veggian

June 8, 2021 at 3:35 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Orange Belt UC2 Brainery Orange Belt Rank

You could cut it down to one click if you use the built-in Bluebeam scripting function “InsertPages”. This basically allows you to write a script that says insert this template page, in this location of the active document. Then after you write the script you can add it to your toolbar as an icon and then it’s a quickly accessible single click.

Super easy to set up, let me know if you need help.

• David Cutler

June 10, 2021 at 6:52 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Thank you for the tip @andrew-veggian I’ll have to check that out!

• Andrew Veggian

June 10, 2021 at 8:27 am
        Rank: UC2 Brainery Orange Belt UC2 Brainery Orange Belt Rank

Here is a quick tutorial reference.

https://support.bluebeam.com/online-help/revu20/Content/RevuHelp/Menus/Document/Script/Using-Scripts.htm

And here is the Scripting Reference Guide.

https://support.bluebeam.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Bluebeam-Script-Reference-2019.pdf