Exporting Details About Line Styles

• Exporting Details About Line Styles

Posted by Vince French on September 6, 2021 at 12:43 am

Hi All

Does anyone know if you can export information about the line styles for each mark-up as well as the colour info?

What I am really interested in at the moment is whether or not you can export info such as the symbols from the line start & end, etc.? If a single code is generated for each line style depending on the start & end symbols then I can work with this.

I am planning to use this to automatically generate info about mark-ups in Excel once a csv report has been generated e.g. instead of just having a length to which I need to add starting and end information I could generate info for a sewer that says the line starts at a road gully and ends at a manhole depending on what symbols there are.

Quite a bit more to work out on this but everything depends on being able to export the info on the line style to start with.

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Troy DeGroot replied 2 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    September 6, 2021 at 12:24 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

I see anywhere that you can export the Linestyle name, which is interesting, that would be just as important as the color. One way you could get around this is to make sure the subject of the tool matches the linestyle used. This way you can export the Subject if you’re not already. Just a thought….

• Vince French

September 6, 2021 at 3:19 pm

Thanks Troy. Unfortunately I am trying to keep the subject titles the same as I need all of the mark-ups together when I export to Excel. Being able to export the colour details is a great start but I could also do with some more detailed info from Bluebeam as well.

I’ve just tried exporting the ID as well in the hope that this column might be generated partly based on the mark-up features but that doesn’t appear to be the case.

I’ll keep looking for another solution. 🧐

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
        September 7, 2021 at 12:07 pm
        Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Email the request along with a description of what you’re gaining from this data. Suggestions@Bluebeam.com