Markup List Autofocus

• Markup List Autofocus

Posted by Nic Bitting on August 3, 2023 at 9:23 am

Does anyone know if there’s a way to disable the Autofocus feature of the Markup List?

For example, once I’ve completed Markup #1 sheet A200 and moved on to the next page I might find that the same component shows up sheet A300. I’d like to click on Markup #1 and quickly resume the Takeoff, but currently every time I click on a completed markup it jumps back the page the takeoff was completed on and I have to navigate back to the new page before resuming takeoff.

Does anyone have a work around for this quirk?

Troy DeGroot replied 8 months, 4 weeks ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • David Cutler

August 3, 2023 at 9:56 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Interesting question @nic_bitting

A couple of ideas:

– Select the markup tool from “Recent Tools” Tool Chest rather than from the markups list

– If you select the markup and it jumps to the previous page use the “Previous View” button to take you back to the page that you want to continue your takeoff on. You can also us the “Alt + Left arrow” keyboard shortcut to jump back to the previous view

– From time to time I’ve also established a “Working Set” tool chest were I copy tools that I’m going to be using extensively to so that I don’t have to scroll through the same larger tool chest repeatedly. Kinda like having a pouch of tools that you take out of your main tool box in the basement to have handy when you are working on the second floor bathroom 😎

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
      August 4, 2023 at 8:33 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

These are all great suggestions @David. Thanks for sharing.

• Doug McLean

August 3, 2023 at 12:09 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

This is just another reason why I much prefer to work in individual sheets.

I never have to worry about going back to a previous view, I just pop to the other tab.
    Where it becomes an issue is when I have a boatload of tabs open.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    August 4, 2023 at 8:39 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Preferences > Interface > Markups

Zoom Fit Markups when selected

I’m in the process of creating some content centered on Preferences. Stay tuned!