Metric Scales

• Metric Scales

Posted by Doug McLean on June 28, 2023 at 11:55 am

This came up in the Facebook group, so I wanted to bring it over here.
    I also realize that most American drawings are not going to be in metric, so that is where there can be some major confusion when you have to deal with them.

Almost all metric scales will be mm : mm. Make sure you’ve set your scale correctly. You do not want to have mm : m or something. I personally don’t like using the presets when it comes to a metric scale, I’ll almost always type it in. Just be careful because Revu likes to change the measurement on you. If you have it set to 1 ft. and change the units to mm, the value will change to 304.8 automatically. Set your units first, then your measurement and you’ll be fine.

Also remember that you can have your output set to whatever unit you like, you just have to set your units in the tool. Bluebeam included this in version 18.0.2 I believe, so as long as you have that update, you’re good.

Doug McLean replied 8 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    June 29, 2023 at 2:18 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Thanks for adding this @Doug McLean !

• Jeremy Cook

August 28, 2023 at 1:20 am

Hey Doug, have you had much luck with setting up preset scales in Bluebeam? I’m in Australia and everything is done in metric but I’m struggling to create scales that consistently work across different drawings, do you have anything resources that helped you on your journey?

• Vince French

August 28, 2023 at 1:42 am

Hi Jeremy. When you first create a custom scale, you should also have the option to add it as a preset. If you have already created the scale, go to a sheet using that scale and then click on the scale and then, once again, in the dialogue box that pops up you should have the option to add it as a preset.

• Doug McLean

August 28, 2023 at 1:41 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

Hi Jeremey

There are already standard preset metric scales embedded in Revu, but, I’m not sure I trust them.
      I almost always set my scales in metric to 1mm : 10mm etc. as I’m not really sure how Bluebeam set them up; are they 1cm:10cm? 1m:10m? I really don’t know.