Polylength Break-down

• Polylength Break-down

Posted by David Hill on February 18, 2022 at 7:08 am

I’m glad I found this group and I have a question already. LOL

Polylength is great for measuring multiple lengths, but I would like a bread down of the individual measurements that I could link to a spreadsheet. I taking off an underground utility line and I have points along the line that I want a point to point measurement. Using the Length tool would work, but is not as productive as polylength?

Any suggestions?

David

Troy DeGroot replied 2 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    February 18, 2022 at 7:26 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Great to have you in the group @msurebel and thanks for diving right in with a great question. The Poylength tool is great for linear footage of utility so I think you’re on the right track there. For individual lengths of segments do you want them to calculate separately or be included in the total but have the segment value as a reference? In the Properties Panel, you can check the box to show segment values, this would give you the distance between each point and still provide a total. You can also right-click on a yellow grip and select Split and it will cut the line. even if you cut the line, the markups list will still show the total length of that material regardless of how many pieces there are. I’m not sure my answer even makes sense to me. 🤣 Do you have an image you could add?