Switching from OST to Bluebeam – Questions

• Switching from OST to Bluebeam – Questions

Posted by John on June 21, 2022 at 11:31 pm

In OST I frequently used what they call “typical areas” and “bid areas”. What is Bluebeam’s equivalent?

<font face=”inherit”>If you </font>don’t<font face=”inherit”> know what typical areas or bid areas are then maybe I can describe a use case scenario and you can help me understand how to do in </font>Bluebeam<font face=”inherit”>. </font>

<font face=”inherit”>Basically I’d like to multiply out various takeoff items assigned to a typical area by however times it occurs and assigns the multiples to various defined bid areas.</font>

For example- in ost I can set up 10 bid areas for floors 1-10. Floors 1-10 area identical. I perform takeoffs on the 1st floor only and assign those items to a typical area. Now I only have 1 page to do takeoffs on however on my summary page I can see quantities broken down individually for floors 1-10. If I ever notice an error with my takeoffs for floors 1-10 then I only have to change 1 page of takeoffs to update all floors.

My main goal in this example is having my summary page show quantities broken down by floor while only doing takeoffs on 1 page.

Do you know the terminology bluebeam used to accomplish something like this?

I’ve googled for hours lol and any point in the right direction would be soooo helpful

Troy DeGroot replied 1 month, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    June 24, 2022 at 11:15 am

Great question @johnseidenberggmail-com thanks for joining the group.

I don’t know that I have a perfect answer, but here are some ideas.

I’ve used Spaces in the past to assign markups to a level or area of a plan, this would work if you grouped all your markups on one level and imported them onto all the other level sheets. But, I know this isn’t your goal. You would have to update each level markup if there were chances.

Another thing I’ve done is create a custom column in the markups list called “# Thus” so I can enter how many of the same assembly there are. Then create a custom column to build a formula for your “totals * # Thus” to get the grant total. Again, not the answer you’re looking for.

sorry for the late response, I hope these idea inspire some ideas. keep us posted.