Using Updated Profiles On Old Files

• Using Updated Profiles On Old Files

Posted by Vince French on September 16, 2021 at 6:26 am

I think that I am probably missing something rather simple here but I cannot seem to find a way to use an updated profile on an old file?

For example, I have a ‘Drainage’ profile for measuring drainage (funnily enough) but I have been updating the custom columns, etc. to give me the details I need.

This works great on the current and future documents but I would also like to be able to automatically use this on older files as well – is there a way of doing this?

Vince French replied 2 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • David Cutler

September 16, 2021 at 8:19 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Interesting question Vince. My first thought was that the new columns wouldn’t apply to old markups because of formulas and such, but that doesn’t make sense since the formulas are column based, not tool based.

I’ve had a similar issue where I’ve opened a takeoff file that was created by one of my coworkers with a different profile and an older version of Revu. When I add new a new markup my custom columns populate, but they don’t for the previously applied markups.

Perhaps there is a “refresh markups” or “recalculate columns” command that we haven’t seen yet? If there isn’t, perhaps this is something to add to the “feature request list”.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    September 16, 2021 at 9:16 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Vince, you’re correct the custom columns live in the document, not the profile. Go into an updated drawing and go to the custom column tab. Export the custom column file to a good location. Not on your old documents, go to the custom columns tab again and import that file. This should update the document!

• Vince French

September 16, 2021 at 10:12 am

Thanks Troy – I will give that a go later!

• Vince French

September 17, 2021 at 12:28 am

Thanks Troy – that worked perfectly!