As I mentioned in the chat on MCR this week @David Cutler , most of the time I sit there thinking “what on earth are they talking about!”.
As annoying as the disappearing layer issue is though, I’ve decided that compared to the problem I have with Excel it is a minor inconvenience!
So, after being reset to a windows version from January 2021 I discovered yesterday that several of my newer spreadsheets don’t work because they rely on functions that have been released in the last year or so.
Microsoft’s helpline decided the way to fix this yesterday was to install all of the latest updates.
The end result is that all of my newer spreadsheets work again – woo hoo! However, the older ones that I had the initial crashing problem with – yep you’ve guessed it – crash again!
Can I get anyone from Microsoft to tell me when there is going to be a fix – you’ve got to be kidding. They just try to talk around the issue and hope you go away and then bother them again in a few days when you try to tell them again that their fix isn’t a fix.
Report
There was a problem reporting this post.
Block Member?
Please confirm you want to block this member.
You will no longer be able to:
See blocked member's posts
Mention this member in posts
Invite this member to groups
Message this member
Add this member as a connection
Please note:
This action will also remove this member from your connections and send a report to the site admin.
Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.