Stumbled upon another workaround this morning @Vince that I thought might be worth mentioning.
As I’m sure you are aware when you use a tool it automatically populates into a “Recent Tools” toolbox. What you might not realize is that if you change something in that tool during use – the layer assignment for example, the tool that appears in your “Recent Tools” includes that change. So, if your layer assignment disappears, you can set it the first time you use the tool in that session, and then re-use the modified tool from the “Recent Tools” toolbox, rather than your standard location.
While this falls firmly in @Doug McLean ‘s “I shouldn’t have to” category, it does work.
Report
There was a problem reporting this post.
Block Member?
Please confirm you want to block this member.
You will no longer be able to:
See blocked member's posts
Mention this member in posts
Invite this member to groups
Message this member
Add this member as a connection
Please note:
This action will also remove this member from your connections and send a report to the site admin.
Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.