Architects and Engineers have started adding all sorts of additional details to the titles of their drawings like “Tender Issue Only”. Or if a file is downloaded from something like DocHosting then additional details are sometimes added to the name.
I’ve created a temporary folder in my Dropbox literally called “a” where I save the files to and then either combine then into a new file or start renaming them.
I think I’ve seen a couple of posts online recently about renaming files en masse but this really isn’t an option if you are then getting revisions later on.
I’ve asked the client to get the designers to adjust the length of their filenames but nothing happens.
Report
There was a problem reporting this post.
Block Member?
Please confirm you want to block this member.
You will no longer be able to:
See blocked member's posts
Mention this member in posts
Invite this member to groups
Message this member
Add this member as a connection
Please note:
This action will also remove this member from your connections and send a report to the site admin.
Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.