My preference is to work in a multiple page PDF for a couple of reasons:
1. I can quickly jump between plan views and detail pages.
2. I have my complete markups list available at all times.
3. I can split the screen and look at multiple pages at the same time without having to open another file. I sometimes undock and drag one of these pages onto a separate screen.
4. Having everything in one file saves me time at the end of my workflow when I export my markup list to wash in Excel and upload to B2W.
5. Tradition/Old Habits – I started in the business with full sets of 1/2 size drawings in 11×17 binders. A multipage PDF is similar…
One drawback of this is my computer can get bogged down a bit at times. My IT guy says that it’s time for an upgrade…
My boss on the other hand works with single sheets for his takeoff – but he exports his quantities onto a yellow pad using the “#2 pencil” app. 😎
Report
There was a problem reporting this post.
Block Member?
Please confirm you want to block this member.
You will no longer be able to:
See blocked member's posts
Mention this member in posts
Invite this member to groups
Message this member
Add this member as a connection
Please note:
This action will also remove this member from your connections and send a report to the site admin.
Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.