I am curious if anyone here uses any file explorers besides the native windows. The one we use, Directory Opus has a rename feature that can process a whole folder, with find and replace, capitalize words, etc. This would probably solve your prefix issue pretty quick, but IDK if you need that in the file name.
Typically I would take that whole set of drawings and place it in a date sorted folder, i.e. 2023-07-11 – D2, leave everything with just sheet numbers. Then I make my overlays and bid marks in that folder. Then when I transfer to my “Takeoff Set”, it will leave the bid marks and update my consolidated. I think the only process that would be missing for you is the Original Issue Set. Is there a specific purpose for this set?
Report
There was a problem reporting this post.
Block Member?
Please confirm you want to block this member.
You will no longer be able to:
See blocked member's posts
Mention this member in posts
Invite this member to groups
Message this member
Add this member as a connection
Please note:
This action will also remove this member from your connections and send a report to the site admin.
Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.