Reply To: Custom Column Examples?

  • Troy DeGroot

    Organizer
    July 24, 2023 at 11:56 am
    Points: 30,247
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt II UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt II

    This is great @carlwegman thanks for sharing. I would typically keep the price out of Bluebeam as it can change by the hour. I can see maybe custom dropdown menus for product widths, and as you mentioned formulas rounding up to the next full sheet. It’s always interesting to think about the actual installation process and how “Waste” can look different in the reality of the job site.

    A common office mistake is calculating 120 total linear feet of let’s say J-Channel and ordering 10 – 12′-0″ sticks of material. All of a sudden the person in the field is down to the last 3 windows using 6″ scraps to peice it together. A better way to estimate might be every length over 6′-0″ gets a full stick.

    I’m guessing it could be similar with your panel products.