Within a formula, I will add 0.4 to round up, then set the answer to a whole number. This way .2 becomes .6 and rounds up. If you have .8 it will become 1.2 and round down. I hope this makes sense. One thing to also think about is when to round up. I recently built tools that rounded up each length to a quantity of product units. It was important to assume the waste wasn’t used again. With 12′-0″ J-Channel they needed 3 sticks to cover 30′-0″. So we rounded up there instead of rounding the total linear footage and coming up with 30- 6′-0″ scraps to complete the project.
Report
There was a problem reporting this post.
Block Member?
Please confirm you want to block this member.
You will no longer be able to:
See blocked member's posts
Mention this member in posts
Invite this member to groups
Message this member
Add this member as a connection
Please note:
This action will also remove this member from your connections and send a report to the site admin.
Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.