Reply To:

  • Don Walke

    Member
    September 9, 2022 at 10:34 am
    Points: 6,440
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I

    <div>Thanks for the reply. Although saving a layer to a tool in your toolbox, when using it on a new drawing it will create the layer in the new document, but will not bring along any layer hierarchy (parent/child relationships). I did browse through the blog posts that you linked to, and found an answer. Andrew Veggian suggested creating a blank document with the layer hierarchy intact to use as a template, then importing the new drawing . With the layer structure now set up, delete the template page and you a good to go.
    </div><div>

    Adding a suggestion from another discussion, my template drawing is set up s a 120″ x 100″ page and I can copy and paste the relevant parts of drawing on the template. All of my take-off is now on one page. (scaled viewports are a must)

    </div>