Love this post @lizlarsen lots of info for all of us to learn from each other.
When I deploy custom profiles for a customer, I always recomend a secure folder for everyone to map to for all the same reasons you mention. The caviot to that, is I always recomend an internal user group so progress by one is progress for everyone. This means they don’t loose their personal tools! If the personal tool is a Must Have, add it to My Tools and it won’t be lost. Just as you mension, I build the custom statuses into the profile for distribution. The problem is, the Custom Statuses in the document override the profile, which is really confusing for everyone whether you’re a new user or used it for several years.
How do I fix this problem?
I export the Custom Column file from the profile and save to a network location. (Statuses are part of the custom columns)
Used my extremely limited scripting skills to create a custom button to import the Custom Column file.
Save document.
Hope this thread helps! As I think about all the info packed in, there is a lot of gold here! Thanks again @lizlarsen
Report
There was a problem reporting this post.
Block Member?
Please confirm you want to block this member.
You will no longer be able to:
See blocked member's posts
Mention this member in posts
Invite this member to groups
Message this member
Add this member as a connection
Please note:
This action will also remove this member from your connections and send a report to the site admin.
Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.