I use it to calculate the surface area of banks to ponds, etc and works really well.
With regards which axis it uses – I don’t think this matters. If you have a 10x5m plan area and then apply a 30 degree slope you should get the same area regardless of which side of the area you lift. Which I guess means they just increase the area using a formula without even considering the shape involved.
Report
There was a problem reporting this post.
Block Member?
Please confirm you want to block this member.
You will no longer be able to:
See blocked member's posts
Mention this member in posts
Invite this member to groups
Message this member
Add this member as a connection
Please note:
This action will also remove this member from your connections and send a report to the site admin.
Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.