You’re correct @David Cutler the area you draw is the footprint. when you add a slope you’re essentially stretching part of it vertically and creating a slope you cannot see in plan. I think we are all saying the same thing. The length of the perimeter does not update reflecting the slope, so you can no longer make it visible. The shape of the area will not matter in the calculation, it takes the entire thing into the equation.
I used to trace each face until I came to the realization the pitch was the same whether you trace both sides of a pitch in one markup or two.
Report
There was a problem reporting this post.
Block Member?
Please confirm you want to block this member.
You will no longer be able to:
See blocked member's posts
Mention this member in posts
Invite this member to groups
Message this member
Add this member as a connection
Please note:
This action will also remove this member from your connections and send a report to the site admin.
Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.