Thank you for your suggestions @Doug McLean & @Vince
Being organized with your custom tools is important. I dream of a rolling, multi drawer tool cabinet to keep all my mechanics type tools in. What I have is a 40 year old metal box with everything in it (I know that 3/8″ socket is in there somewhere). My Revu toolbox is somewhere in between. I use custom tool chest (26 at this point) and the majority of my tools have a 4 digit “item” code included in their “subject” column. As long as I take the time to sort new tools into their numerical order when I make them this works pretty well.
A couple of additional features would be helpful in the Tool Chest:
1. Ability to sort by “subject” or “label”
2. Ability to manage the columns in the Tool Chest – I don’t need to see the “Comment” column at this point. I can make it smaller, but I can’t remove it
3. Ability to search for a specific tool
One of these days I will build out the toolset completely to match our items listing for our estimating system (I don’t have item 6090 Water Main – 12″ D.I.P CL52 for example). I’ll switch all of the “perimeter” measurements to “poly-lines” (so that I can use the rise/drop feature) and I’ll get everything organized (think of the foam cutouts that have a spot for every wrench). Until then I’ll do my best to remember where I set that tool down.🙂
Report
There was a problem reporting this post.
Block Member?
Please confirm you want to block this member.
You will no longer be able to:
See blocked member's posts
Mention this member in posts
Invite this member to groups
Message this member
Add this member as a connection
Please note:
This action will also remove this member from your connections and send a report to the site admin.
Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.