Best way to generate PDFs from design software

• Best way to generate PDFs from design software

Posted by David Cutler on February 2, 2022 at 8:11 am

As some of you are aware I’m a bit of a “training junkie”. I attend just about every bit of training/on-line live discussion group that I can work into my scheduled. One topic that has been discussed a few times, but I can’t find anything in my notes about, is how to best create PDFs so that they don’t get bogged down in Revu. I remember the part about looking at what “PDF Producer” was used in Document -> Properties tree, but I can’t remember what the recommendation was after that.

The current PDF I’m getting started on was produced using “pdfplot15.hdi 15.01.104.000”. The document is 32 pages long and is 45,000 KB +/-. As I page through it the pages load somewhat slow. I don’t have access to the document in it’s native format, just the PDF that was provided by the client.

What does everyone recommend to improve performance (without buying a $10,000 computer)? Seems as if I remember someone suggesting printing the file to a “new” pdf from Revu. Am I remembering this tip correctly?

David Cutler replied 2 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    February 2, 2022 at 8:19 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

That’s how I’ve done it in the past, print to a new pdf, or create a new pdf from the old one.

• David Cutler

February 3, 2022 at 7:40 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Thank you for the suggestion @troydegroot . I did this (print a new PDF file from the source PDF file) and the file size doubled! Performance seems to be pretty good. Maybe I need to start lobbying for that upgraded computer… 🙂