Blank Workspace

• Blank Workspace

Posted by Vince on June 20, 2024 at 11:21 am

Just wondering if anyone else is coming across the problem of just having a drawing that just goes plain white – all markups and existing details just disappear?

Closing & reopening the drawing doesn’t reset it so, the only way to get over this is to close Revu then reopen it.

Doug McLean replied 3 months, 4 weeks ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Bob Ritger

June 20, 2024 at 11:30 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery White Belt II UC2 Brainery White Belt II

I’ve run into this recently as well. I was thinking it had to do with video card memory limitations as it seems to happen when I have a large number of files open. After closing many files I sometimes get the display back on the one(s) that have gone white/blank without having to completely shutdown Revu and reopening it.

• Vince

June 20, 2024 at 12:49 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt III UC2 Brainery Blue Belt III

It does it with only one or two files open here unfortunately.

• David Cutler

June 20, 2024 at 11:35 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Seeing the same thing here @Vince

I’ve had to close everything and restart Revu. Sometimes multiple times in the same day. Very frustrating. Similar to @britger this appears to happen when I have a number of multi-page PDF files open.

Revu 20.3.20

• Vince

June 20, 2024 at 12:48 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt III UC2 Brainery Blue Belt III

This happens for me even with one drawing open sometimes.

• Isaac Harned

June 20, 2024 at 3:37 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt II UC2 Brainery Purple Belt II

This is actually kind of funny in the not so funny kind of way, one of my guys ran into this issue yesterday and asked me about it today. He is running 21.0.5.0 since some users are experiencing a graphics glitch on form fields where they would jump to another part of the page (21.1). Tried running the prints through the stapler as Revu PDF to try and stabilize, but did not work. He restarted computer and so far has been running ok, but not holding my breath. My best guess on this is some kind of driver issue, or at least something on the video driver is out of sync with how Revu displays content.

• Doug McLean

June 20, 2024 at 5:22 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Blue Belt IIII

Nope, have not experienced this issue… not on Revu21 at least.

We had this happen a long time go where some larger files would do this, but not since 2019.

Will have to keep an eye out for this