Checking Tags/ Callouts

• Checking Tags/ Callouts

Posted by Doug McLean on July 20, 2023 at 5:31 pm

So this came in from one of my contacts…

we are trying to figure out the most effective process for checking section tags and callouts in our drawings. We work with many different clients, who all have unique CAD templates and formats, etc. but we use Bluebeam studio for our internal reviews for all of them.

Obviously I’m aware of batch link, but that only works if the tags are correct out of Autocad. ultimately wondering if you have any tips or ideas for workflows we could use to efficiently check all of the tags and callouts in Bluebeam and flag any that are wrong or broken?”

Anyone have any ideas

Troy DeGroot replied 9 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • David Cutler

July 21, 2023 at 5:23 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Well, I’m not a designer so this may be way off base, but I’ll throw it out there.

Working from the page that has the sections/details on it perform a visual search for the tag/callout symbol. Then test each result to see if it works as expected. As you test each one apply a custom markup that allows you to chose a custom value such as “works” or “broken”. The person addressing the markup could then set a custom status such as “fixed” or something along those lines.

Would something along these lines help them?

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    July 22, 2023 at 1:01 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

That’s a tricky question because as soon as they dig in to test each one, they may as well create Places and build the hyperlink manually. Way back in the day the hyperlinks would actually be a markup so you could change the status or add a comment to it, but that was rarely needed. You can imagine the length of the markup list if every single section, elevation, and plan note link was represented. You could almost hear the industry cheer when the update came out.

So let’s brainstorm a solution….

What if they created Places for the most important details, then did a text search, select all instances, and add the hyperlink……