Rank: UC2 Brainery Advanced Blue Belt III
I was running out to a meeting when I discovered this issue and made a quick post to start getting the community engaged. Here is a better explanation.
I have a number of custom tools built with 5 custom columns that I need to export as a .CSV for my workflow shown in the first screenshot below. These tools work great and are the foundation of my workflow.
When I started my takeoff in the customer supplied file I noticed that they also have custom columns setup (kudos to the customer to be using custom columns). The challenge is that while the data from my custom tool is being captured, it is being displayed in other columns as shown in the second screenshot below (Item number “80” shows as Phase, Description of “18” Silt Fence” shows as Floor, Unit of Measure of “LF” shows as Area).
What makes it even more interesting is that my “standard” markups that I apply when I insert my cover sheet populate correctly, but the “Phase” item is not in the standard order as shown in the 3rd screenshot below.
I’m thinking that I can go back to the original file, delete their custom columns and then import mine. Just seems to be an additional step to have to “scrub” someone else’s custom columns to use mine.