Copying Sequences?

• Copying Sequences?

Posted by Margaret Collins on September 21, 2023 at 9:09 am

I have an issue from one of my users that’s stumped me regarding copying markups from one page to another within a session. It seems that “sequence counts” won’t copy over properly:

every time there is a change released, I am able to copy/paste over any simple counts from the superseded page to the new page but for sequence counts, the copy/paste doesn’t work

By “every time there is a change released” he means every time my department (document management) slipsheets in an addendum, creating an updated session document.

Our process is that users are responsible for going into the session & copying their markups from the old page to the new page and making any adjustments themselves.

Is there a way to copy sequences properly from one page to another WITHIN sessions?

Margaret Collins replied 7 months, 1 week ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • David Spergel

September 21, 2023 at 9:22 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery White Belt I UC2 Brainery White Belt I

Hi Margaret, can you clarify what the user means when they say it doesn’t work? What is the exact behavior of the copied markups? If it’s the case that they copy over but that the sequencing is incorrect, Bluebeam has an article on “how to merge sequence markups with an existing sequence” which might be helpful: How to merge imported sequence markups with an existing sequence (bluebeam.com)

• Margaret Collins

September 21, 2023 at 1:44 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery White Belt I UC2 Brainery White Belt I

The behavior is that nothing happens. We’ve come up with a workaround out of session in this case but it’s not ideal.

• Doug McLean

September 21, 2023 at 9:47 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

Hi Margaret

Unfortunately, you cannot copy/ paste a sequence.

• Isaac Harned

September 21, 2023 at 10:27 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I

Typically if I need to copy paste a sequence, I will Flatten/Unflatten which “kills” the sequence. I will have to do some testing, but I don’t believe that would be possible in session.