Delete hyperlink highlights

• Delete hyperlink highlights

Posted by Chris Riley on December 9, 2021 at 7:14 am

I have a document with 352 pages and the hyperlinks link to external locations I have no access to. I want to delete all the hyperlinks and then batch link again. If I go to hyperlinks in the sidebar and click on them all I can delete them, but whomever hyperlinked them used the highlight option and the highlight remains and I can’t delete that. I have tried unflatten and nothing will allow me to select the highlights and delete them. Anybody got any ideas?

Andrew Veggian replied 2 years, 4 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • David Cutler

December 9, 2021 at 7:33 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Fair warning – this isn’t really a “tech” answer @ChrisRiley

The most efficient way to remove the highlights might be to ask for a “clean” file from the person that prepared it originally, if you have access to the person/organization that created the original document

On top of that, if you share the issue with the team that prepared the document originally they might adjust how they prepare their documents in the future so you (or the rest of us) don’t have the issue again.

Good luck!

• Chris Riley

December 9, 2021 at 7:38 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Yellow Belt UC2 Brainery Yellow Belt Rank

I figured that might be the answer. I might just have to live with it and just re-batchlink and turn the highlight off on my end and live with the highlights that are there.

• Doug McLean

December 9, 2021 at 9:11 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

If you can’t select them in the markups list, you won’t be able to do much with them, they’ll be embedded within the PDF content.
    I’m with David on this one, ask for a clean set of drawings.

• Andrew Veggian

December 9, 2021 at 10:10 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Orange Belt UC2 Brainery Orange Belt Rank

I haven’t tested this, but this is what I would try if the highlights are embedded in the file.

Go to Document>Color Processing and try to change the highlight color to no color (box with the slash through it). This will replace everything that color with no color and could clean up the document for you.

Let us know if that works.

• Chris Riley

December 10, 2021 at 6:19 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Yellow Belt UC2 Brainery Yellow Belt Rank

Andrew, you get the Bluebeam Ace award for the week. That works! I have to step thru each page so little time consuming, but at least I have a clean document. Never even used that command so I will have to keep that in my little bag of tricks.

• Andrew Veggian

December 10, 2021 at 10:00 am

I’m glad it worked unfortunately it looks like there isn’t a batch function for it.

• David Cutler

December 10, 2021 at 8:30 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Great solution @andrew-veggian !

I’ve used the color change option before when making overlays, but haven’t tried to change specific colors.

Going to have to keep this one in mind for future use.

• Andrew Veggian

December 10, 2021 at 9:55 am

It has a lot of potential uses, just keep it in mind. Here are a few ideas:

If you have a new site plan with lines in black, and the existing site plan as a grey background you can easily remove the background by changing the grey to no color. This could give you a clean drawing that is easier to read.

Sometimes engineers will print their CAD drawings with all the colors turned on. You can change all those colors to grey or black to give you a clean greyscale drawing.