Disappearing Layers

• Disappearing Layers

Posted by Vince on September 15, 2022 at 11:03 am

Does anyone else have problems with the layer allocation disappearing from their custom tools?

I have a whole set of tools where the layer is set, the tool chest saved and even the profile saved.

However, I’m finding that when marking up drawings after a couple of uses the layer just seems to delete from the tool being used.

David Cutler replied 2 months, 2 weeks ago 5 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • Doug McLean

September 15, 2022 at 4:35 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Orange Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Orange Belt IIII

I sort of noticed something similar yesterday when I was training.

I wondered if it was a 20.2.85 glitch or something but haven’t explored too much.

New version is out in less than a week, hopefully this gets fixed

• Vince

September 16, 2022 at 12:52 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I

I think there might be a few glitches with this version – I’ve noticed it freezing a few times as well as more problems with custom markups.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    September 15, 2022 at 4:53 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt III UC2 Brainery Blue Belt III

Is it deleting the layer from the prebuilt tool or removing it from the placed markup? I know layers don’t work with Studio Sessions, so even if layers are built into the tools they will not create or assigned to layers in the Session. Just an idea or box to check for possible issues.

• Vince

September 16, 2022 at 12:31 am

Layers are assigned to the prebuilt tools. The first couple of times the tools are used everything works fine but then I notice there is no layer assigned in the Markup List and when I check the actual tool, the layer is gone from there too.

• Vince

September 16, 2022 at 12:33 am

I’ve also noticed another problem where the order of the lines and text to a custom tool change order when a markup is placed.

• Vince

September 16, 2022 at 12:50 am

I’ve actually captured the problem on video and have now sent it off to Bluebeam.

• David Cutler

September 16, 2022 at 8:47 am

I’m hitting “like” on these posts, but I don’t “like” what you are seeing!

Great video @Vince !

Yet another reason to have your tools exported and saved to an secure location.

I think I’m going to stay back in Revu 20.2.70 were I’m not seeing these (or other) issues….

😎🍿

• Don Walke

September 16, 2022 at 10:22 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Yellow Belt UC2 Brainery Yellow Belt Rank

I have a similar problem, but not with layers. Seems that every two or three times I open the program, one or two of the tools gets corrupted. It’s always the first tool in a toolbox, and the tool acquires attributes of some other tool in another toolbox (subject, layer, color, ect). I just replace the profile with a saved copy.

• David Cutler

September 17, 2022 at 7:11 am

If the error is consistent @dhwalkellc you might try placing a “sacrificial” tool in that position. That way when the glitch occurs you just ignore the damaged tool until a time when referring your tool is convenient.

• Vince

September 17, 2022 at 7:32 am

Great idea David!

• Don Walke

September 17, 2022 at 8:45 am
        Rank: UC2 Brainery Yellow Belt UC2 Brainery Yellow Belt Rank

Good idea, just odd that a program with such valuable and unique functionality would have glitches like this.

• David Cutler

September 18, 2022 at 8:11 am

I completely understand your frustration @dhwalkellc !

I am not a software designer/programmer so I have no idea how they make these programs do everything that they do all with the click of a mouse. If you haven’t already done so please report the issues that you’re seeing to BlueBeam so that they can address them. I know @Vince has done this in the past and the items that he has brought to their attention have been resolved.

• Vince

September 18, 2022 at 2:32 pm

So, I’ve just had it confirmed that this is an official problem with Revu 20.2.85 and that the engineers are working on a fix for a future release???

The recommendation if you are incurring this problem is to go back to 20.2.70 which can be downloaded from https://downloads.bluebeam.com/software/downloads/20.2.70/BbRevu20.2.70.exe

• David Cutler

September 18, 2022 at 9:12 pm

Thank you for the update @Vince and for the link to the previous version. I need to get one of my coworkers updated, but don’t want to take his machine to .85 if there is any risk of him having any problems….