Drawing Titles in Cloud

• Drawing Titles in Cloud

Posted by Vince French on November 9, 2022 at 1:49 pm

So, I’ve gone and created a major headache for myself as I’ve actually found a set of drawings that successfully uploads into a set!!!

This means that I am now going to have to force myself to learn all about them instead of putting that off. So, expect lots of questions on here about that topic in the next few weeks.

However, I also tried to upload the drawings onto Cloud and that worked fine apart from when I looked at publishing the drawings the Drawing No’s and Titles were a complete mess.

Basically, it would appear that the number of characters that can be in the Drawing No box is restricted to 9 with anything left being merged into the Title box – creating gibberish!

So, my initial questions are: –

1. How do you stop this happening when you upload drawings?

2. If you can’t stop it happening, is there a quick way to fix the details?

Thanks!

Doug McLean replied 1 year, 5 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Doug McLean

November 9, 2022 at 6:43 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

Sets and SharePoint have a somewhat complicated relationship.
    Sets and Studio are even less compatible… lol

As for the page labels, I’ve never had that happen, but I start with them in the cloud. I would try and put them all back together as one document and re-running the page labels with the files on the cloud first. See what that gets you.

• Vince French

November 10, 2022 at 3:06 pm

So, do you save all of you documents to projects? If so, and you don’t use sets, how do you go about adding revised drawings, etc.?

• Doug McLean

November 13, 2022 at 10:52 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

It works, but it’s updating the Set when it’s in a cloud environment that is the challenge.

It’s really hard to explain what all it does, but let me say that it’s much easier to do it in Windows.