Hyperlink with Snapshot – How to keep link if moving file to different location

• Hyperlink with Snapshot – How to keep link if moving file to different location

Posted by Jonathan Hii on June 20, 2022 at 4:25 am

Hi

How do I retain the link if I need to move the markup file to different folder location for version control?

I am using snapshot view relative paths but I believe Bluebeam saved the previous file folder location as reference.

It shows error – File not found.

I couldn’t find any solution out there yet.

Please help.

Thanks a lot!

Jonathan

David Cutler replied 1 year, 10 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    June 20, 2022 at 12:25 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

The folder path has to stay the same for the link to work. If you move the document, you also have to move the linked file with it so the relationship remains. I hope this helps.

• Doug McLean

June 20, 2022 at 1:49 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

You’ll probably have to update the link in this case.
    left click on markup to select > rt. click > Edit Action

• Jonathan Hii

June 20, 2022 at 8:46 pm

Thanks guys. But that doesn’t help.

I use links a lot. To update individual link is not practical. Does Bluebeam support any script to update the default document path? The target locations will all remain the same. Just the markup file would move to different folder due to Version control.

I hope someone out there may have different solution to this common problem I guest. If Bluebeam provide a tool to allow the default file path to be updated for all selected links that would solve the issue.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
      June 21, 2022 at 2:37 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

I’m not sure of a way to update a large number of hyperlinks, or if there is a script possibility. Would be pretty cool.

• Vince French

June 21, 2022 at 2:59 pm

@troy-degroot can the batch link be used to edit multiple links in one go? I read something about being able to edit destinations but couldn’t quite follow it tbh! 😂

• David Cutler

June 21, 2022 at 3:44 pm
          Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

I’ll preface this by saying that I don’t have experience setting up/updating links.

Are links classified as markups? If so, I wonder if you could display the link values in a column on the markup list. You then might be able to change them as a group?