Is there a trick to importing word docs? Thanks

Doug McLean replied 2 years ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    March 24, 2022 at 11:13 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Welcome to the group @tshump67
    What do you mean by importing word docs? Bluebeam is primarily a PDF software, so you would have to print the word doc to a PDF, then open in Bluebeam. I hope this helps, if not, please share your workflow.

• Tommy Shumpert

March 24, 2022 at 2:40 pm

We have people that have been using adobe and it allows you to just drag and drop a word doc into a pdf. So I was looking for the same solution.

• Vince French

March 24, 2022 at 3:09 pm

Hi @tshump67

Ctrl + N then choose your word file and press Save.

However, if you already have the word file open then it is probably quicker to just print it as a pdf.

• David Cutler

March 25, 2022 at 7:43 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

Welcome to the group @tshump67 . Thank you for your question. I gave it a try and it appears that Revu has the same functionality. Here are the steps that I took.

1. Open Revu

2. Open file explorer and locate your word file

3. Click on the word file and drag it into the Revu window

4. You will be prompted to choose a location and name to save the file as

This is a great feature that I didn’t know about. Sometimes I receive quotes from vendors in Word format. I’d rather have them as PDFs. Using this feature I can drag the Word file from the email into a folder then drag it to Revu and have the PDF ready to use. This saves me having to open the Word document and printing it to a PDF.

Note that for some reason it doesn’t appear to work dragging the file directly from Outlook to Revu. Any ideas on this @troy-degroot ?

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
        March 25, 2022 at 10:22 am
        Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

I love learning from you guys. there are plenty of things I have never tried and this is one of them. I don’t have a suggestion to add to the conversation, but I will say, I like to always keep an original of what was sent to me. So I would prefer to have the original word document in a folder anyway.

• Doug McLean

March 25, 2022 at 10:56 am
        Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

I think Bluebeam tells you you can do that with images. Good to know that you can also do it with a Word Doc.