Large linked section extents

• Large linked section extents

Posted by Liz Larsen on November 7, 2023 at 3:34 pm

Hey guys, I have a weird one. At least, I’ve never seen this before.

All of a sudden, one of my user’s hyperlink box extents around linked sections is huge. He said it’s nearly impossible to click on the correct section when you’ve got a few in close-ish proximity to each other.

See attached images.

It’s only this one user, no one else seems affected. He uses the CTRL+P method of printing, not the Bluebeam plugin.

Liz Larsen replied 5 months, 3 weeks ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Isaac Harned

November 7, 2023 at 4:13 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I

This is a new one for me too. Hyperlinks created with BB batch? This is after the Printing? Purpose of printing?

• Isaac Harned

November 7, 2023 at 4:17 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I UC2 Brainery Purple Belt I

I kind of wonder if trying to transfer these markups and tools to be usable in the cloud is changing the base way they function, like how X, Y coordinates are handled. Markups in general have been weird lately, especially when creating an output whether it be stapling or printing. I’ve had markups disappear, stretch, change properties, all sorts of weird stuff, but the ctrl+p is usually the most stable on my end.

• Liz Larsen

November 7, 2023 at 5:45 pm
      Rank: UC2 Brainery Orange Belt IIII UC2 Brainery Orange Belt IIII

The user was creating a PDF from Revit. The links are created automatically by printing via CTRL+P, then choosing the Bluebeam option in the print dialog.

We do not have the level of Bluebeam that has batch hyperlink.

• Doug McLean

November 7, 2023 at 4:54 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

What was creating the hyperlink? Is there some kind of margin setting in that particular program that is causing this?
    I’d personally just delete them all and run a fresh Batch Hyperlink

• Liz Larsen

November 7, 2023 at 5:47 pm

The links are created automatically by printing via CTRL+P, then choosing the Bluebeam option in the print dialog. We’ve never had to create them on an existing PDF, they’re always just there when Revit is done creating the file.

We do not have the level of Bluebeam that has batch hyperlink.

• Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    November 7, 2023 at 8:13 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

Weird, I was going to ask if it came from Revit, but you answered that one. So it must have to do with his printing if it does happen for anyone else, yet everyone has the same issue with his files in Bluebeam. I’ve had to reinstall mine recently because of some weird bugs, but I’m still in Revu 20.

• Liz Larsen

November 7, 2023 at 8:31 pm

Yep. We’re kind of stumped over here.

I’m wondering if there’s a setting somewhere? We don’t use the Bluebeam Revit plugin, so it’s not that (probably).

We’re currently using Revu 21.