MSI Deployment with Property Changes

• MSI Deployment with Property Changes

Posted by Dwane Lindsey on October 26, 2023 at 9:46 am

Has anyone utilized a script to install Revu by using the MSI file installer and also changing properties (disable auto-update, change net config location, etc.)?

Since we don’t have a install wizard to setup the install anymore, I’m trying to setup a script to push these changes with the install. The BB Admin and Deployment guides appear to make this possible via a script (.bat file), but I’m having issues making it work.

I have a note into BB support, but thought I’d ask the question here as well.

Here’s what I have setup currently (that’s not working):

msiexec.exe /i “\\server\serverfolders\MSIBluebeamRevu21.0.50×64\Bluebeam Revu x64 21.msi

BB_AUTO_UPDATE=0

BB_DISABLEANALYTICS=1

BB_NETCONFIG=\\server\folder\folder2\standards\Bluebeam\Net Config

BB_REVUPREFERENCES=\\server\folder\folder2\standards\Bluebeam\Preferences\FGMA_RevuPreferences21.xml /qn

Dwane Lindsey replied 6 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    October 28, 2023 at 2:35 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

I’m not sure it was helpful, but I sent you some information.

• Dwane Lindsey

October 31, 2023 at 10:28 am
      Rank: UC2 Brainery White Belt I UC2 Brainery White Belt I

Yep, thanks Troy. It helped make sure I had the proper context for the options.

Support helped get the formatting correct since I needed everything to be in one line.

• Dwane Lindsey

October 31, 2023 at 10:27 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery White Belt I UC2 Brainery White Belt I

Looks like I finally have the proper context/syntax for the bat file to install Revu along with properties to change with the install. I had all the content being separate lines and everything needs to be 1 line with everything separated with spaces.

Here’ the final script that we’re using to install Revu:

rem Install Revu 21 with Options

msiexec.exe /i “\\servername\serverfolders\MSIBluebeamRevu21.0.50×64\Bluebeam Revu x64 21.msi” BB_AUTO_UPDATE=0 BB_DISABLEANALYTICS=1 DISABLE_WELCOME=1 BB_NETCONFIG=\\servername\serverfolders\Bluebeam\Net?Config BB_REVUPREFERENCES=\\servername\serverfolders\Bluebeam\Preferences\FGMA_RevuPreferences21.xml /qn

One of the things I needed to do was to make sure any folders that have a “space” in the name were replaced with a ? mark. In our folders, that was making the Net Config folder in the script to read Net?Config, otherwise the script would fail.