Opening Hyperlinks in another window or view

• Opening Hyperlinks in another window or view

Posted by David Cutler on March 19, 2024 at 10:58 am

A current set of drawings that I’m working from has hyperlinks to section views, which is great, except that I lose track of where I started before I followed the link. I know that I can click on the “previous view” button in the toolbar, but it would be nice to have the section view open in another window – especially if once I’ve followed the hyperlink I’ve scrolled in further multiple times.

So, does anyone know if their is a way to set hyperlinks so that they open in another window in Revu? I use this extensively in Chrome (right click, then select open in a new window). This might have to be a future feature request…

Doug McLean replied 1 month, 1 week ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Troy DeGroot

Organizer
    March 19, 2024 at 11:35 am
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt UC2 Brainery Advanced Brown Belt Rank

When I was reading this I was thinking of Chrome and the right-click “open link in new tab”. That would be a great feature.

• Doug McLean

March 19, 2024 at 1:52 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II UC2 Brainery Blue Belt II

It’s a Setting, well it is when you’re working with Sets anyways.

Go into your Preferences > Sets > Set Options > Open Documents: New Tab (or New Tab in front, which puts it first in your list)

Its one of the advantages with working in Sets or individual pages.
    A Hyperlink essentially opens a new document, in a new tab.
    I detest having to work backwards to try and find my previous page, this way its just another tab. (Of course, I’ll end up with 20-25 tabs open at once and get lost 🤣 anyways)

If I’m actually working with a full drawing package, 9 times out of 10 I’ll split my screen first, and then click the link in the second screen.

• David Cutler

March 19, 2024 at 10:40 pm
    Rank: UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III UC2 Brainery Brown Belt III

I like the idea of starting with the split screen @Doug McLean 😊. I use the split screen often – especially there is a key of some sort. I’ll split the screen, drag it to another monitor and then zoom in on the key while maintaining the plan view on the main screen. Works slick and keeps me from having to pan/zoom back to the key.

I’m pretty sure that if I tried to use “sets” the folks down stream of me wouldn’t understand how to work with them….

• Doug McLean

March 20, 2024 at 9:14 am

Sets is just a collection of single documents, why does everyone have such a hard time with them?

Working in single pages give you so much more flexibility. Yes it has some drawbacks when it comes to summarizing, but its just a different process.

• Vince French

March 23, 2024 at 2:19 am

I like the idea of Sets @Doug but have given up trying to use them over here. Maybe other users are just experiencing the same issues as I am?

• Doug McLean

March 25, 2024 at 1:48 pm

try just using the individual pages.